Fakahatchee Legend Hike
East Main Tram is one of the most iconic hiking trails in the Everglades! Let the expert guides from TNT Explore Nature guide you on this historic trail for an in-depth Everglades experience. Feast your eyes on the unique forest and all that dwells within. Many of the plants and animals found here can be found no place else in the world. Enjoy a moderately paced walk and a relaxing break at the infamous "Fakahatchee Hilton," during this exciting half-day (4 hours) tour.
- The meeting location for the Fakahatchee Legend Hike is Gate Twelve, Janes Scenic Drive, Copeland, FL. Parking is available at the Gate. Upon entering the park and setting your odometer to "0," (at the sign) you will drive 6 miles to Gate Twelve. The speed limit in the park is 10mph, and the road can be rough.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour start time for check-in.
- There is a modern restroom facility at the park entrance, the address is 137 Coast Line Drive, Copeland, FL 34137.
- You do not need to obtain a parking pass; one will be provided for you.
- The trail is heavily shaded, but there are sunny areas. Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- At certain times of the day, mosquitos and other insects can be a nuisance. Insect repellent is recommended.
- Comfortable clothing and comfortable (enclosed) walking shoes are recommended. Consider weather/temperatures. Light-weight long sleeve shirts, (light-weight) long pants, and tennis/hiking shoes are encouraged.
- If there is rain in the forecast, an umbrella and/or rain jacket and non-slip shoes are recommended.
- The trail is very scenic. We strongly encourage visitors to bring a camera, and binoculars or spotting scope.
- A (reusable!) bottle of water is recommended.
- Cash for tips and is encouraged. ATM not available.
- Modern restrooms are available at the park entrance only. No other facilities available.
- Walking sticks will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.