Introduction to Everglades Dry Walk
Join TNT Explore Nature for a dry walk on a well-established, elevated tram trail, high above the surrounding strand swamp. Become acquainted with the unique and unusual plants and animals that make up this one-of-a-kind ecosystem. Many species are endangered and can be found nowhere else on Earth. Guests enjoy exploring the strand on this a 90-minute guided walk.
- The meeting location for the Intro to Everglades Dry Walk is Gate Seven, Janes Scenic Drive, Copeland, FL. Parking is available at the Gate. Upon entering the park and setting your odometer to "0," (at the sign) you will drive 4 miles to Gate Seven. The speed limit in the park is 10mph, and the road can be rough.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to tour start time for check-in.
- There is a modern restroom facility at the park entrance, the address is 137 Coast Line Drive, Copeland, FL 34137.
- You do not need to obtain a parking pass; one will be provided for you.
- The trail is heavily shaded, but there are sunny areas. Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- At certain times of the day, mosquitos and other insects can be a nuisance. Insect repellent is recommended.
- Comfortable clothing and comfortable (enclosed) walking shoes are recommended. Consider weather/temperatures. Light-weight long sleeve shirts, (light-weight) long pants, and tennis/hiking shoes are encouraged.
- If there is rain in the forecast, an umbrella and/or rain jacket and non-slip shoes are recommended.
- The trail is very scenic. We strongly encourage visitors to bring a camera, and binoculars or spotting scope.
- A (reusable!) bottle of water is recommended.
- Cash for tips and is encouraged. ATM not available.
- Modern restrooms are available at the park entrance only. No other facilities available.
- Walking sticks will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.